Where have all the buckrams gone?

Marianne Stebbins Beck mariannestebbinsbeck at msn.com
Tue Apr 15 19:01:35 EDT 2003

Where have all the buckrams gone?Scott,

Since you asked, can you help me with defining a Buckram?  Now that I'm asking, I can't find the particular book I'm curious about.  I'm sure it's listed and filed away.  But it has a rubbery texture, no cloth apparent.  That was a Modern book.  I do have another one in front of me that is similar, but by Doubleday.  This one is textured, also with a rubbery feel, but not as much as I recall with the Modern book.  How does the Buckram differ from something called "balloon?"

Forgive me, for I am a novice, eager to learn.  And thanks in advance!

Marianne Stebbins Beck
Excelsior Bay Book House
www.abebooks/home/ExcelsiorBay