paperback first and bemelmans

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Mon Apr 7 12:23:47 EDT 2003

Answer to the second question is yes--if the number of a ML paperback is the same as the highest number in the list of titles in the series it's a first.  It's usually a first if it's one of the 3 or 4 highest numbers, since several ML Paperback titles were usually published together.

Based on information submitted by the list, the only response I can make at present to the first question is "I don't know."