Henry's talk

scot kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Sep 30 20:36:44 EDT 2002

I am aware of sounding officious in  the following judgment but somebody
needs to tell you that your talk  on  The Modern Library is pretty much
fluff, and that only if it were better written.  It lacks depth and breadth,
it is talking off the top of the head at best, not writing.  It is not very
informative either.  I haven't seen so many toadies circle around one
vacuuous guru since the Seventies and the invasion of Eastern religions on
the American scene.  It must be heady wine, as evidenced by your plans to
publish this piece of straw, so someone needs to tell you that the Emporor
is wearing no clothes.

Gracious!

Gee, Dave, while I'm glad that you're at home with your hostility, perhaps
you might add what topic you'd like to see discussed here. Is there some
phase of ML collecting you'd like info on?  Or maybe you'd like to offer
some info to help collectors.