ML talk & binding question

Printmat at aol.com Printmat at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 10:46:29 EDT 2002

Phew -- talk went pretty well -- it started at 7:30 and I didn't get out of
there 'til almost 10. One member showed up with the list of 400 ML books
she'd accumulated, and a few brought their own. I brought along a copy of
Henry's price guide, and it was well thumbed by evening's end; quite a few
wrote down the ordering info, so he may be hearing from this neck of the
woods. I did a little research on Keritol beforehand, and found out that it
was used to cover musical instrument cases as well as for a binding material.
A university library conservator was there and seemed very interested in the
progression of ML bindings generally. I tried to keep the talk itself pretty
short, but a lot of people lingered around to examine the 30 or so books I
brought; I kept having to fight the urge to say, "Hey, be careful of that!"
when anybody picked up the one piece of ephemera, a little ML Illustrated
catalog pamphlet. Questioners I couldn't answer were advised to hop a plane
and see Henry's talk on Monday. I do some proofreading/copyediting for Random
House -- I hope it doesn't get back to them that I've been touted as ML
publisher -- they'd be a little surprised at the news.

Bob Riedel