A Good Goodbye,Columbus

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Tue Sep 3 07:28:01 EDT 2002

Regarding the Updike (ML 357.1)

JOSEPH HILL wrote:

> Yes,I know copy 1 is the first,but how many collectors have a copy 2
> thinking they have a first edition of this title?

Another difference between the actual 1st of
this title and later printings is the DJ: if
you look at Scot's DJ pages, a late 60s copy
of the DJ (not first) is shown: it has the
restyled running torchbearer on the front of
the DJ, whereas the actual first has the older
more 'normal' looking torchbearer.

Also, I think I have seen a copy of the Updike
with the later DJ and the green fujita endpapers.
If Joe has a copy with blank endpapers, maybe
that is a post 1970 printing (maybe it has an
ISBN number on the back of the DJ?).

JK

--
j   b   k r y g i e r

g e o l o g y  a n d  g e o g r a p h y
d e l a w a r e  o h  4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622   |   fax  740 368 3999

jbkrygie at owu.edu   |   http://www.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/