Flaubert

dbapaper at ix.netcom.com dbapaper at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 18 09:12:12 EST 2002

John,

     Your Madame Bovary Dust Jacket that's pictured on dogeared.com is from
the 1929 ML Gift set, not the 1928 Gift set. Kerotol was only used for the
1928 set, as I understand it. The 1929 sets were standard balloon cloth, which
makes them close to impossible to identify without the DJs.
     There is an ad for the 1929 Gift sets reproduced on p. 6 of MLC #19
(April 1990) that includes a depiction of the Madame Bovary DJ on your copy.
It's from the "Three Great French Romances" set.
     Hope that clears everything up. It's a great find!

Amy Comeau