DJ Project: October/November Additions

jpete9530 at msn.com jpete9530 at msn.com
Sun Nov 17 23:36:17 EST 2002

I'm the one who contributed the new Flaubert dust jacket.  I was thrilled to
hear that it was from a gift set!  Unfortunately, it's not true. [dang!]
Underneath the dust jacket is not keratol but red balloon cloth.  The price
listed on the inside of the dj is 95 cents,and the back of the dj says there
are 159 books in the series.  Inside the book it says the following:

New Modern Library Edition
1927
"Madame Bovary was first published in the Modern Library in 1918.  In the
ensuing nine years, over 100,000 copies of the book were printed, after
which the original plates were destroyed,  The first edition from the new
plates was printed in May, 1927."

I hope this info helps place this particular dj design, assuming that the dj
and book are an original match.  Both are in vg condition.

John D. Peterson
Fort Wayne, IN