Reference works

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Sat Nov 16 10:08:39 EST 2002

John,

   The Andes collection has been available for many years without any
takers, mostly because it is priced at $30,000.  Many of the uncommon
titles do not have DJs, and the older DJs tend to be in poor shape.  The
price assumes substantial value in the books without dust jackets, which
may have been true when the collection was assembled, but is not true now.
The sellers will not break the collection to sell any individual volumes.
My guess is that several people on this list have stronger collections,
particularly if condition is a factor.

                 Sharon