1st big day

Joe Singleton joesingleton10 at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 6 21:08:55 EST 2002

I had my first really good ML find day.  Earlier today on a business trip, I
dropped by a S. Texas used book store and got the following gems:

Faulkner SANCTUARY (1st 200 listings/#7 spine/blue cloth) VG/VG for $10
Plato  REPUBLIC (1st 278 listings/#8 spine) Fine/Fine  for $10
Faulkner GO DOWN, MOSES (374 listings[2 listings off of 372-a first by
Henry's guide]) Fine/VG  for $8

Folks--that's $160.00 worth of ML firsts for $28

PS:  I also got a fine/fine copy of Marguand's GEORGE APPLEBY 7 titles and 1
year from a first, but the title page states "introduction copyright 1940"
is this another way of stating the the book is a ML first?

Joe Singleton