eBay question

Joe Singleton joesingleton10 at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 5 10:10:50 EST 2002

I have a hard time paying the full price for a ML in the guide.  The hunt is
the thing, and it seems that there are enough MLs floating around that a
newer collector, such as myself, could find thriftily a full collection in
about 5 years--by my estimation.  I am not real picky about firsts, but will
pay more for them and am always thrilled to find one (eg.  yesterday I found
Mary Renaults LAST OF THE WINE for $7.50 F/VG that I estimate to be worth
about $17.00) that brings the value of my collection up a bit.  I have a
spreadsheet listing all of my collection with prices that I paid for each
individual book, as opposed to its actual value from the guide.  As of now I
have about 60 ML titles, and average about G ($11.00) in value each(I am up
about $100.00 on cost vs. value).  I prefer to be on the plus side as
opposed to the minus (I'm sure this will change when I am down to the rare
titles to finish out the collection) but in the end,  it is my goal, I bet I
am still on the plus side.  Value still counts down here in Texas!   Of
course value cannot be attached to sentiment and a good library in your home
to pick and choose from when you please--

Joe Singleton