Question re: Buckram bindings

scot kamins kamins at
Sun Nov 3 10:45:32 EST 2002

> I took this time because I am a neophyte who is learning the hobby and
> associated terminology.  I have been using colophon to describe the
> torchbearer no matter where it is located.  Am I incorrectly using the term?

Technically the colophon is the info usually given at the end of the book
that gives the printer's name and info as well as describing the font used.
It usually is accompanied by a graphic emblem such as our beloved ML
torchbearer. Words evolve in living languages; this one has evolved to refer
to the publisher's emblem itself.

In other words, historically you are technically incorrect but in terms of
real current usge you are fine.

Scot Kamins
Portland's Newest Real Estate Agent
"I Listen - I'm Too New Not To!"
+1 (503) 997-0199      cell
+1 (503) 731-5899      home

More information about the ModLib mailing list