Question re: Buckram bindings

jpete9530 at msn.com jpete9530 at msn.com
Sat Nov 2 22:57:42 EST 2002

I recently bought a buckram edition of Auden's selected poetry (#160), or,
at least, I think so.  It's similar to the other two or three buckrams I
have, with heavy cloth covers, gold colophons on spine and front, blank
endpapers and the buckram reinforcements on the inside, but it is sans
number and the words "buckram reinforced" on the spine. Is this a mistake or
overrun?  If so, is this a common happening?  Do I assume that this book
originally had a dust jacket?  It shows no signs of having done time in a
library.  Thanks for any insight.

John Peterson