A Few Finds and Guide Annotations

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sat Nov 2 11:45:03 EST 2002

Hi Modlib people,

Just got to sorting thru a few MLs I found last weekend
while out of town.  Among the finds were very nice,
correct DJ 1sts of Moliere's 'Eight Plays,' Lawrence's
"Lady Chatterley's Lover," and the 2nd volume of Camus's
Notebooks (#394.1, 1970) - got them for $4.50 each.

The Camus was rubberbanded together with the first volume
of his Notebooks, in a binding 13 ($2.95 on DJ), so that
title (349.1) should have an "=" in the post-1967 DJ column
in Henry's Guide.

Also, I found a 1942 copy of Gide's 'Counterfeiters'
(#187.1) which has the text (T) DJ shown on Scot's DJ
site.  Henry's Guide lists only a pictorial DJ (P) for
this title.  Does a P DJ exist for this title?  If so,
it isn't on Scot's DJ pages.

Also, I am a bit confused as to when this title was
revised as ML #327 (Gide's Journal was added and
the number changed) - Henry's Guide says 1962, but
Scot shows a 1955 copy of #327.  Must be a typo
somewhere.

I sent Scot a scan of a T DJ for Whitman's 'Leaves
of Grass' (noted in Henry's Guide, but not on the DJ
pages).  While I have seen many pictorial DJs for this
title, this is the first Text cover I have come across.

Finally - Scot put a binding 14 version of Kipling's
'Kim' on the DJ pages a week or so back - the Guide
should thus have a '=' in the post-1967 column for this
title.

jk