Dust Jacket Paper

Darrell Johnson zebra318 at earthlink.net
Sat May 11 10:36:48 EDT 2002

I think they are called linen jackets.  I have three of them: Memoirs of
Casanova, Candide and Crime and Punishment.

I have never seen anyone point it out in a sale or auction, so I guess its
not very collectible.  Although, I like these jackets better.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Thoman" <rgthoman at earthlink.net>
To: "ModLiblistserv" <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 9:23 AM
Subject: Dust Jacket Paper

> I just bought a copy of 165.1 (c. 1947) binding 8 with Galdone dust
> I notice that the dust jacket paper is different from what I have seen
> before.  It seems to be a bit heavier than normal and is textured rather
> than smooth.  If there is a technical term for this paper, I don't know
> what it is, but it is cross-hatched with tiny furrows (bad description,
> that's all that comes to me now.)
> I don't recall seeing a discussion of dust jacket papers on the listserv
> before.  Is this type of paper above unusual?  As I say, I haven't seen it
> before on any of my books - at least I didn't notice if I did and this one
> jumped out at me.
> Any general information or history of dust jacket paper types used over
> years?
> Ron Thoman
> rgthoman at earthlink.net

More information about the ModLib mailing list