Hammett- Maltese Falcon(first in DJ)

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Mar 25 10:55:38 EST 2002

At 7:54 AM -0500 3/25/02, j b krygier wrote:

>The prices of MLs seem to be a touchy issue among ML
>collectors and sellers - collectors complaining about high
>prices and sellers complaining about collectors not willing
>to pay appropriate prices for scarce copies have generated
>a bit of tension on the ModLib list at times.

The truth is, collectors are all cheapskates and booksellers are all
thieves with the morals of coindealers. This is not regulated to the
ML trade, but is ubiquitous among bookhounds.

>I guess this is sort of like my
>northern Wisconsin uncle who hunts bears with a bow and
>arrow.

Oh, yeah! How is Lefty, anyway? Haven't seen him since we met in an
emergency ward once. (I was coming from a Friedns of the Library
sale.) Only guy I know who had a Frequent Stitches card.

Oregon's Newest Real Estate Agent
(with Scott Trahan Realty Brokerage)
"I Listen."
(503) 731-5899