Hammett- Maltese Falcon(first in DJ)

DCHOCK7 at aol.com DCHOCK7 at aol.com
Fri Mar 22 11:20:03 EST 2002

I thought the bidding on the ebay Hammett was disappointing; very little
interest from ML collectors(the book sold to a last second bidder at $300,
the apparent reserve price). Do most collectors have a copy of this title? I
thought that this item(which, from the scan, appeared to be in fairly good
shape) might reach $500. It is, along with the Gatsby, one of the two "gems"
of post-1925 ML collecting. I wonder if this signals a general decline in ML
prices after three years of strong upward movement.
Pete