austen giant

acpertusi at aol.com acpertusi at aol.com
Wed Jun 19 19:50:08 EDT 2002

hello group:
sometime back I  bought a first edition dust jacket (220 titles), and the book
a first modern library edition,1933  of the complete novels of jane austen.
however,
the book is a  g-3 binding, which I knew about.
I thought I would sit back and wait for an austen g-2 book (first edition) to
appear
on e-bay and pick it up, feeling that the g-3 is just a freak happening.
to my suprise two books marked first edition were for sale, but both were g-3.
can anyone explain what the story is here ?
anthony pertusi