ML Categories (was Re: Boni & Liveright Modern Library)

j b krygier jbkrygie at cc.owu.edu
Thu Jan 31 08:09:58 EST 2002

Luther Meitzner wrote:

> the price guide deliniates between B&L bindings and Limp bindings.
> How do the post-B&L leatherette bindings fit into the price
> structure?  Do most of you dealers out there price them significantly
> above sailcloth bindings?

Along these same lines, I have wondered why the
early balloon cloth giant editions were not in their
own category.  For example, I have a copy of
Boswell's "Life of Johnson" with 215 titles, so
a year or so after the first ed - 1933 or 4.  The
Guide lists the value as "I" - the same as a, say,
1960 edition.  That does not seem quite right.

JK

--
j   b   k r y g i e r

g e o l o g y  a n d  g e o g r a p h y
d e l a w a r e  o h  4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622   |   fax  740 368 3999

jbkrygie at owu.edu   |   http://www.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/