Boni & Liveright Modern Library

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Jan 28 13:38:46 EST 2002

At 10:02 AM -0800 1/28/02, JOSEPH HILL wrote:
>one must pass a armed guard to enter Henry's house.

Yes. I've seen Henry's collection. I'm CONVINCED he was at the
factory door and picked up his on the First Day of Issue!

(As I recall, Joe, your collection isn't all that shabby either.)

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

                        Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558