Modern Library Reprints coming

GrmChiTown at aol.com GrmChiTown at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 15:43:35 EST 2002

Hello, All,

Here is an excerpt from Random House's Modern Library e-mail which I
received.

"Random House, the Modern Library’s mother company, is celebrating its 75
th Anniversary this year.  In honor of this auspicious event, Random House
is reprinting a number of its classic bestsellers, all featuring the
original covers.   The Modern Library is also joining the party and will
reprint many of its classics in beautiful new editions reminiscent of the
originals -- so keep your eyes open, I’ll be pointing them out in future
newsletters."

Personally I have mixed feelings about their idea.  But maybe the reprint
editions might alert a new generation of buyers to the beauty of the original
items?

Gordon