More on "Modern Library Book Club Editions"

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Jan 7 20:56:53 EST 2002

Hi Folks,

Somebody (IU think it was Joe) said that one of the characteristics of
ML's in book club editions was the lack of a price on the dust jacket
flap.

I've found a small batch of these in my collection, curiously all from
the same period clumps as identified by the "Which of these outstanding
XXX books numbers  377  (later 1956 I think) and 388 (late 1959 or early
1960).

I also have a Nostromo from 1968 with no price.

The quality of the paper is no worse than other ML's, and the
characteristic "book club dimple" is missing from the rear cover.

Thoughts?

Maintaining the Modern Library Collecting Website at
http://www.dogeared.com
which (in turn) is supported by The Pavilion City Mall at
http://www.pavilioncity.com