FA: George Andes' Descriptive Bibliography of the Modern Library

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Jan 2 00:27:35 EST 2002

Folks,

Since we decided to try this, I'll stick one in:

For Auction on eBay: George Andes' Descriptive Bibliography of the Modern
Library
"
George Andes' Descriptive Bibliography of the Modern Library was the
first large compilation of information published about what is arguably
the most important series of books ever published in America. With only
five hundred copies printed, this seldom seen first edition is a true
collector's item...While much of the pioneering research that Andes did
was later updated by Henry Toledano's irreplaceable Modern Library Price
Guide, Andes' bibliographic information remains unique in the published
annals of Modern Library resource material. Its illustrations...Complete
with the scarce laid-in addendum of the Boni-Liveright Alice, this
evidently unread and extremely tight copy is a must for the serious
Modern Library collector.

"1989 hardback 6.25" X 9.25 " in blueblack boards with gold trim and
titles. Dustjacket protected by mylar."

Current bid: $49.95

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403098351&r=0&t=0&s
howTutorial=0&ed=1010704304&indexURL=0&rd=1

Maintaining the Modern Library Collecting Website at
http://www.dogeared.com
which (in turn) is supported by The Pavilion City Mall at
http://www.pavilioncity.com