Faults Project: Kickoff questions

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Feb 25 22:51:56 EST 2002

At 8:52 PM -0500 2/24/02, Joe McElroy wrote:
>Underlining. Margin notes. Crayon marks. Signature of anyone other than the
>author. Bookseller prices. Loose or torn endpapers. Endpapers "repaired"
>with tape, cloth, bubblegum, mildew(smell) etc.

Yeah.

I'm thinking we don't need to catalog obvious flaws - that is, flaws
that are described by ordinary English.  I think everybody knows what
a "tear" is. but many people outside of the paper trades know the
difference between a "closed tear" and an "open tear."
Maintaining the Modern Library Collecting Website at
http://www.dogeared.com
which (in turn) is supported by The Pavilion City Mall at
http://www.pavilioncity.com