Early ML titles in balloon cloth?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Fri Feb 22 13:55:52 EST 2002

Thanks Sharon!  Unlike the number of titles in headings *inside* the jackets
(which began in fall 1933), I'm hesitant to rely on numbers on back panels
to date jackets.  A fall 1929 list of titles inside the jacket includes
Chaucer, Canterbury Tales but not Hemingway, Sun Also Rises.  If that's what
you have, yours is the same (I think) as Henry's.

Now Dave has two balloon cloth bindings to look for.