Encyclopedia of ML Flaws? (was Re: Next Project: Judging Condition?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Feb 7 13:42:56 EST 2002

At 1:22 PM -0500 2/7/02, Sharon Biederman wrote:
>     I agree with John that pictures and descriptions of typical ML flaws
>would be more useful than attempting to invent a new grading system for
>books, especially one that might not conform with ratings currently in use
>by reputable professional booksellers (who sell many other books besides
>Modern Library editions).

These are indeed the ideas I had in mind - pictures and descriptions
of typical ML flaws. These are far more important to me than a
grading term. I like flaw descriptions because they tend to be
precise - a chip is a chip, and you can decide whether it's
acceptable or not.
Maintaining the Modern Library Collecting Website at
http://www.dogeared.com
which (in turn) is supported by The Pavilion City Mall at
http://www.pavilioncity.com