Next Project: Judging Condition?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Feb 6 22:45:00 EST 2002

At 4:04 AM +0100 2/7/02, lmese at libero.it wrote:
>Having purchased a fair number of books off both ebay and ABE, I firmly
>believe everyone can benefit from such a thing.  Only today I received
>a "VG/VG" book with a shot front hinge and 1" missing from the top DJ
>spine (slight chipping).

That's quite an example, but horror stories are not uncommon. I had
lots of experiences like that when I first started to collect. Those
experiences drove me to ask for detailed descriptions, and now
generally to avoid buying books that I can't first see.

The issue is knowing what questions to ask, I think and being able to
understand and interpret the answers.

>That being said, given what you provide on your website and the
>stunning DJ project, I feel guilty asking for more....

Ah, but I'm the one asking. :-D

Maintaining the Modern Library Collecting Website at
http://www.dogeared.com
which (in turn) is supported by The Pavilion City Mall at
http://www.pavilioncity.com