OBSERVATION'S, QUESTIONS, ODDS AND ENDS

Teresa Gasso booketude at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:35:36 EST 2002

>From: "John M. Wolansky" <jwol at fast.net>
>To: <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
>Subject: Re: OBSERVATION'S, QUESTIONS, ODDS AND ENDS
>Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:51:36 -0500
>
>Joaqin,
>
>In truth, yours was the shop I was thinking about when I asked the board
>for
>solutions for the clutter.  Prior to receiving some excellent advice about

And I understand your point John. But if you read the comments made by
Scott, they are really about the quality of the merchandise I sell,
which I don't agree with, and his ultimate goal is to have everyone skip
over my auctions--as he promised we would in his emails to me.

This I think is outside this newsletter's goals, and should be seriously
addressed, since Scott is not only a collector (as you say) but also a
dealer. And he's violating eBay guidelines by talking about another member
outside eBay.

Thank you  for your comments.

Joaquin

writersden at compuserve.com
> [...]
>offerings.  As a CPA from a business standpoint, I wonder if removing
>"Modern Library Editions" from your offering template would increase,
>decrease or have no effect on your ML sales?
>
>I personally enjoy Scott's commentary and his sense of humor.  If anyone in
>fact had a problem with Scott, I suspect it has to do with the interests of
>dealers versus collectors.  As a collector, I have generally agreed with
>his
>observations.  I have an interest in his thoughts and contributions, hope
>he
>continues with the same attitude and demeanor he has in the past, and I
>appreciate his efforts.  At some point, I may even deal, having acquired
>far
>more books than my home can comfortably contain and as a seller, nothing
>Scott has said would rankle me.
>
>Hopefully, we can move ahead without the ill will and you will change your
>marketing scheme ;-).
>
>John
>

> > It was not a question, Scott, it was rather a demand. It seems that
> > you have difficulty adjusting to the fact that you are just like
> > everyone else, and that having a ML interest does not a God makes you.
> >
> > I see, in fact, that you seem to have problems with other members as
>well,
> > so perhaps you should look into your soul and ask: Do I have a problem?
> >
> > I also think that this newsletter should be restricted to ML matters,
>and
> > that talking about other members, should not be allowed.
> >
> > Now as far as going ballistic, I think that asking another eBay member
> > to change their entire marketing scheme just so that Mr. Big Shot could
>have
> > better access to his searches--shows just
> > what you're all about.
> >
> > Now, to answer your second point. I personally think that your statement
> > that "she never offers a difficult piece yet" should be changed to "she
> > never offers anything CHEAP." That was what the other email you sent me
>was
> > about--my prices are too high.
> >
> > You see, my "future real state agent", I remember at least two items, in
> > which you bid (on items I offered) but just didn't bid high enough.
> > Which perhaps reflects what that other member--that differed with you
>and
> > was "asked" to leave--pointed out--you are just cheap.
> >
> > Now, I also may be "asked" to leave the list, but who's really the
>problem
> > here. Could it be the Big S--maybe he should be asked to leave for
> > threathening other members "to do as he says" and implying that he would
>use
> > the power of this group to get his way. And
> > this is exactly what is trying to do. I just hope that other members who
> > have dealt with TheWritersden, would continue to do so--and see Scott

We have many great books & collectable items on auction from just $4.88!

Find us by doing a sellers search for: thewritersden

I've received your payment through PayPal, and the above item will be
shipped promptly.

Thank you for your reply. I will keep you posted.

Hello:
Now that your book has been mailed and going to be received shortly, I would
like to give you my sincere thanks for your purchase. I've certainly enjoyed
doing business with you and will leave a positive feedback in your behalf.

Congratulations! You had the high bid ($ ) for the book I can ship this item
book rate*** (slow) for $ , for a grand total of $ . Please add $ , instead,
if you prefer priority mail (fast).

***PLEASE bear in mind that parcels may be delayed due to the holiday letter
traffic, so if you need this fast--consider paying with a "US POSTAL" money
order or credit card and the item mailed priority.

If you need insurance--although I've never had any problems, we all know the
post office system, and I can't be responsible for lost or damage during
transit--please add 85 cents to cover the cost of your item up to $50.00;
$1.80 for up to $100.00 and $1.80 + 95 cents for each additional $100.00

Please read this carefully:

For immediate shipping (usually within 24-48 hours) please sent a U.S.
Postal Money Order or pay with a credit card through Paypal.com or
BidPay.com--any other form of payment including money orders in general (ie.
Western Union, Bank Money Orders, Travelers Express, etc.) and personal
checks will delay shipping (5) five to (7) seven "bank working days." SORRY
NO EXCEPTIONS!

For your convenience, we accept Visa and Mastercard payments through
PayPal.com. Is fast, is easy and secure! And during a limited time, we can
both get $5.00 if you register now, pay for this item and use me as your
referral. Just go to:

https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=writersden%40compuserve.com

And follow the easy directions!

Please reply to this e-mail within 3 days and let me know which postal
service you prefer, and don't forget to include your full name and postal
address (please write it in block form so I can use it as your mailing
label)--since in most cases the handwriting on the envelopes is hard to make
out.

Thank you for participating in the auction (:-)

Regards,

(make payment payable and mail to:)
Joaquin A. Gasso
PO Box 170986