Gatsby Sale

DCHOCK7 at aol.com DCHOCK7 at aol.com
Fri Dec 27 18:19:21 EST 2002

I know most ML collectors understand this, but it should be repeated. While
there is nothing wrong with an ML first in a later DJ, be aware that such an
item is generally worth considerably less than the same book in a first issue
DJ(unless any jacketed copy is rare- e.g. Boni and Liveright DJs). Condition
aside, the prices for the Gatsbys in later DJs available online appear to be
way above market. Of course, if anybody had forecast in 1992 that a Gatsby in
the first issue DJ would sell for over $1,200 within ten years, I would have
thought that individual was crazy. I guess you never know.
Pete