Extraordinary eBay results on Gatsby

Jimmy Williamson jwslaw at jimmywilliamson.com
Fri Dec 20 00:14:10 EST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimmy Williamson [mailto:jwslaw at jimmywilliamson.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 11:14 PM
To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
Subject: RE: Extraordinary eBay results on Gatsby

i bought mine for 300 about 7 years ago
and thot of myself as a blooming idiot
so, there you go
jw

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu [mailto:owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu]On
Behalf Of Scot Kamins
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 10:56 AM
To: ML Listserv
Subject: Extraordinary eBay results on Gatsby

Folks,

Last night on eBay one of Our Own Finest sold a copy of Gatsby first
(near fine in a VG+ jacket) for an astounding $1200. I'm not familiar
with the winner, but many members of this list bid quite high on the
boo, including the runner-up bid of nearly $1180.

To see the auction description, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1981669289

To see he bid history (including the very exciting last two minutes), go to:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1981669289

I for one am amazed and amused (as is, no doubt, the seller).

Congratulations to the winner as well. Wish I had a copy!!!

- Kamins