Have MLs in DJ become an endangered species?

Jay Satterfield jsatterf at midway.uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 12 12:59:57 EST 2002

I am not a collector so I never go after rarities, but I did need a nice
selection of exemplars from different periods when I was writing the
dissertation that turned into the book recently published.  I was able to
gather together what I now realize is a pretty good shelf of MLs in dust
jackets in just a few months in Iowa City.  There were plenty of titles on
the shelves of the used bookstores there.  The note below that Columbus and
Madison are good ML cities, and my own experience with Iowa City suggests
that the key to access to a good supply of MLs is proximity to a large
university.

Jay Satterfield