Have MLs in DJ become an endangered species?

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Thu Dec 12 12:55:47 EST 2002

John,

    There is no question that the supply of older ML editions in dust
jacket is dwindling, but I don't think this problem is limited to the
Modern Library.  In general, bookstores are not acquiring better stock in
the ways they did in the past.  Because so many used book stores have
closed, people have fewer opportunities to walk in and sell their old
books, which used to be a wonderful source of inventory.  Bookseller trade
publications with Wanted and For Sale features have also disappeared in
the last few years.

   Although I also buy and sell on ebay, I would strongly encourage ML
collectors and collectors in general to visit their local used
bookstores.  In general you will find better prices and have the
satisfaction of patronizing a business that needs your support.

                     Sharon