I'm new! Question

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Wed Dec 11 17:12:45 EST 2002

Scot Kamins wrote:

> At 11:20 AM -0600 12/11/02, Cynthia Stevens wrote:
>
>> I'm a new list member. I am trying to sell a number of our books, some
>> including Modern Library Editions.  I have searched about, but haven't
>> found
>> anyplace to do an online check for current values.  Is there one?
>

> In short, no. For an approximate RETAIL value (that is, the price a
> knowledgeable dealer might charge), use Modern Library Price Guide (2000
> edition) reviewed at:
>
> http://www.dogeared.com/Paper/priceguide.html

...or go to one of the meta-book search
sites (such as http://used.addall.com/) and
see what other book dealers are asking. for
the styron title, the price for a copy with
a DJ ranges from about $10 to $65 - the former
being closer to a realistic value.

or just put it on eBay with a starting bid of
$1 and no reserve and see what happens.

jk