Quiet American

david medsker dsmedsker at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 01:21:48 EST 2002

car collecting is not book collecting, but since there is so much more of it
going on, it's easier to analogize.

but what if ML were available with copied DJs? they're not as valuable as
the real mccoy, yet they must be more valuable than a DJless title.

The infant excitement of the hunt and collection came from the lists in
these dust jackets and my predecessors had precious little more to start out
with. The woman who got me started had no idea when she would be done, but
passionately added to her collection whenever able using DJs as a guide. Did
some of the aura dissipate once the quest became finite?

We have so many more tools at our disposal today, should we just start and
stop with the treasure hunt and not look further into enhancing our
collection from a quality point of view if not quantity?

Or is this a pandora's box of counterfeitery? (new word?)