Quiet American

jpete9530 at msn.com jpete9530 at msn.com
Mon Dec 9 22:10:42 EST 2002

Sharon, I do want to pick up on the passing reference you made to Zuleieka
Dobson.  I have a beat up but whole first of this book, with the little
paper tab saying that Francis Hackett's Intro was received too late for
inclusion, and offering to send the buyer a copy with intro at a later date,
if the buyer would express this desire to the publisher.  I assume that this
tab is what you mean by errata?  My main curiosity about this notice is
about the pace of the publication of these volumes back then.  The little
tab almost sounds like this volume was treated like the daily news...we need
to get it out there, even if we have to send customers a new volume when the
intro is added.  What was the big rush?

John Peterson
Fort Wayne, IN