Quiet American

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Mon Dec 9 16:57:23 EST 2002

Joe,

   It would be easy to make a copy of the Greene erratum slip, the more
valuable one from Zuleika Dobson, or even a whole dust jacket.  But the
item would be a fake, so I can't imagine any reputable dealer being
involved.  Of course there are disreputable sellers, but my guess is that
they are busy making new pages from the Gutenberg Bible and
wouldn't waste their time on Modern Library books.

              Sharon