Salammbo

Robert Sanger rsanger at sangerswysen.com
Thu Dec 5 23:45:06 EST 2002

Sharon,

How about a 4.5?

Bob

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sharon Biederman [mailto:sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu]
	Sent: Wed 12/4/2002 8:58 AM
	To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
	Subject: Re: Salammbo

	John and Scott,

	   Deciding which bindings were permanent and which were "oddballs" can be
	difficult.  I agree that the 1929 transitional bindings are a midpoint in
	the evolution from leatherette/Bernhard to balloon cloth/Kent, but I see
	binding #12 as a similar case where the new Fujita style was rolled out in
	stages.  The real problem is that we are all familiar with spine #5 as the
	grape leaves and renumbering to accommodate intermediate stages could be
	very disconcerting, much like renumbering a street because of the addition
	of a new house.  What do others think?

	                           Sharon