Salammbo

Scott Conove rscconove at attbi.com
Wed Dec 4 15:07:28 EST 2002

>>>I vote for recognition of these short lived covers, >>>particularly where
there are a number of them issued, >>>like the oversized #7's<<<

    I agree.  I don't agree with renumbering, however, I think assigning
these transitions with "4a" as Sharon suggested would be a good idea.
Assigning a number decimal is essentially the same idea (and a good one at
that) but may cause some confusion with the number decimal system already in
use for the various editions and number changes we now see in Henry's guide.
I don't think assigning a transitional binding its own sub-category (4a, 7a,
or whatever) will hurt, instead, it will enable us ML collectors to better
classify, identify, and organize our collections.  Also, when referring to
these transitions its much easier to say "4a" than it is to say "the
transition between spines 4 and 5."  That's my take on the issue.
    -Scott Conove