a bad e-bay experience

srfox srfox at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 19:15:00 EST 2002

anthony:

many sellers on ebay (and many mail order businesses in general) use
shipping and handling as a profit
center. many of them say right up front that they are gonna charge a
certain amount for shipping.

i buy a lot of things on ebay and generally find that the amount
charged for shipping is
excessive, sometimes absolutely ridiculous. but some people do an
incredible packing job, which takes time.

every once in a while someone only charges for actual shipping costs,
which is an
awesomely nice thing to do, and i commend the person who recently sold
me 49 MLs and did the righteous thing.

YMMV,

Steve