Salammbo

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Mon Dec 2 13:54:59 EST 2002

Scott,

    Check out the explanation of transitional bindings on
www.dogeared.com, which should answer your questions.   If the bottom of
the spine looks like a #4, but is made from balloon cloth, you have the
correct first.  These hybrids were succeeded by the regular balloon cloth
style in 1929.  Barry Neavill can probably supply the exact month.

                          Sharon