Not Another Illustrated Alice!?!

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Oct 16 13:26:25 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, jbkrygie at cc.owu.edu said (in part):

> This one looks nice,
>but no acetate.

And therefore isn't worth more than $50 or so. (Actually, it isn't worth
more than $30 to me because of the lack of a dust jacket.)

>Are you ML experts sure that the Illustrated Alice was not reprinted
>like the Dali-illustrated edition of Don Quixote?

Well, the boxed Random House Illustrated Alice looks pretty much the
same. There's nothing much unique about the ML Alice - at least that I'm
aware of - except that it says "Illustrated Modern Library" on the spine.

     `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
      (@@)