ModLib Listserv Topics

dmenkin119 at aol.com dmenkin119 at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 23:02:30 EDT 2001

I found the list of topic that might be discussed on ModLib very interesting
and I would like to suggest we pick one or two to work on next.

I suggest we start by every one stating  " the focus of your collection"
       I started over 15 years ago and was inexperienced in how to decide
what conditions a book should be in to make it collectable.  So merely
collected any Modern Library book I could find, regardless of its condition
or whether it had a dust jacket.  As time went on and I met other collectors
I became aware of the fact that most collectors would only buy 1st editions
and  books with dust jackets.  So after a while I decided  I better  do the
same, but since I had so many of the early editions with out dust jackets I
decided to keep adding to my collection what ever was missing , regardless of
1st edition, or if it had a dust jacket for all leatherette and Balloon
clothe editions.  But I up graded my collection of Hard Cover, Giant, and
Illustrated editions to have only books with dust jackets.  I do not confine
myself to 1st editions.

Another topic I would like to have ModLib  members participate in would be to
offer each other books they have to trade, and editions they would want to
get for the trade.

David Menkin