A bunch of $5 ML 1sts

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 11:16:56 EST 2001

As a broad approximation I would say that a FINE book in like dust jacket
would be worth nearly twice as much as a VERY GOOD copy of book and dj. And a
GOOD book and like dj half that of very good.... As for prices on ebay I
think it is almost a lottery. If two people want the same book, regardless
almost of the condition, the price goes into the stratosphere. If the same
book goes on line again, the next day say, the book might not even fetch a
quarter of the price of the previous one if the person who didn't get the
first book was the only one who wanted it a now... Values are only maintained
(and this applies to any collectable) if new collectors are starting to
collect.
addendum: I find that a lot of sellers, especially on ebay, describe a book
as fine and then, when asked further elaborate, as fine for its age, or fine
for this particular book, etc. The terms of description do not change with
the age of the book.

Henry at Books etc
<A HREF="http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-zshop/S2UJ2VG921GMXP/107-4701874-7344539">Books etc</A>
PMB 395,