Warning for New Collectors: Beware of 1st Edition Claims

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Nov 8 20:43:45 EST 2001

In a recent e-mail, jbkrygie at cc.owu.edu said (in part):

>Also, what happens if you email an eBay seller and inform them
>that they don't really have a 1st?  Are they grateful?  Angry?

Sometimes either. I often e-mail folks to check a status so I can bid (or
not). When it's not a first, I write back and tell them. Sometimes they
change the listing, but more often they don't.

> I have
>been tempted to do this a few times (a week or two back there was
>a Faulkner ML, advertised as a first but not, with a bid at $50...
>seemed almost unethical to not email the seller or bidder about it).

I wrotethat guy. He ignored me. (Jerk.)

+1 (503) 731-5899
Obscurities clarified
Computer books, manuals, and on-line help systems designed and written
Resume at http://www.dogeared.com/Footer/teachingResume.html