What's a complete 1970 set worth?

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Thu Nov 1 20:48:17 EST 2001

In 1988 Henry and I passed on a "complete set" of Modern Library books
the same period.
The party that had them for sale started in the San Francisco phone book
under used bookstores and went from A-Z.
The high bid was,Green Apple Books at $3,000. They were all F/F,but
still we thought the price was out of range.
Green Apple put them high  on shelves,and tried to sell them as a "set."
In 1989 the big earthquake,Green Apple Books tock quite a loss on those
Modern Library books.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY AND EVERYMAN'S LIBRARY BOOKS