A Big Fish That Got Away

Luther Meitzner meitzner at meitzner.worldonline.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 10:51:30 EDT 2001

When I was first becoming interested in Modern Library collecting I found a
leatherette copy of Blake's Poems w/dust jacket in a store in Tacoma.  Being
new to the genre I thought it couldn't really be Modern Library (had never
seen leatherette before) and passed on the unbelievable price of $1.  Good
thing I have a sense of humor....   I also once passed on a binding #8 copy
of New Grub Street w/dj, not quite so bad but still, it hurts.

The indispensable Price Guide educated me and highlighted the error of my
ways.  Thanks Henry, for letting me know how stupid I was.

Luther