NEED ADVICE ON FAUX LEATHER/DUST JACKET BONDING

John M. Wolansky jwol at fast.net
Tue Jun 26 09:42:20 EDT 2001

I have a few jacketed leatherette copies and the cover and jacket have
adhered to one another.  My impression is they were not glued, but the
bonding is a result of the composition of the two.  Anyone have this problem
and found a solution?

I considered trying "Blaster E-Z Take-Away! STICKER REMOVER", but after my
last experience with it when my heart rate jumped from 60 to 120 in the
three seconds it took for the three delicately placed drops posited in the
center of the one square inch price sticker to spread into a perfect three
inch diameter wet stain on the dust jacket, I thought better of it.  While
the wet spot evaporated from the 1970's treated paper jacket, I do not want
to risk damage to a 1920's jacket.

Thanks,

John