Faulkner's Marble Faun

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Jun 25 17:34:32 EDT 2001

In a recent e-mail, Brad.C.Gilbert at FgdNel.com said (in part):

>Thanks...  One question though.  How do you define "modern library
>editions?"  Is it based on date?

As we define it here (and the only topic discussed in this listServ), The
Modern Library is a specific series of books published first by Boni &
Liveright 1917-1925 (or 26), thence by The Modern Library Company to
about 1932 (or so), thence by Random House to the early 70's, again
1980-1985 (or so), and again from 1990 to the present. They are largely
reprints. We are poor collectors here, but we are big-hearted and mean no
harm.

For far more information on this series than any right-thinking human
could want, visit
http://www.dogeared.com

You are thinking of terms such as modern first editions, or even
hyper-modern.

+1 (503) 731-5899
Obscurities clarified
Computer books, manuals, and on-line help systems designed and written
Resume at http://www.dogeared.com/teachingResume.html