Faulkner's Marble Faun

Brad.C.Gilbert at FgdNel.com Brad.C.Gilbert at FgdNel.com
Mon Jun 25 16:13:29 EDT 2001

No... it is Faukner's Marble Faun 1924.  His first book.  I think only a
few hundred copies exist.  Maybe less than that.  I know that one sold at
auction in 1976 for $1700 (from a newspaper clipping).

Scot Kamins <kamins at dogeared.com>@algol.owu.edu on 06/25/2001 02:50:34 PM

Please respond to modlib at algol.owu.edu

Sent by:  owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu

To:   ML LIstServ <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
cc:

Subject:  Re: Faulkner's Marble Faun

In a recent e-mail, Brad.C.Gilbert at FgdNel.com said (in part):

>How can I value a first-edition copy of Faulkner's Marble Faun? (with dj)

Do you mean Hawthorne's "The Marble Faun?"

I didn't know this existed as a Modern Library edition. So it must be
post-2000.

Unless there's something special about the book, it's too new to be worth
anything - probably 1/2 cover price.

+1 (503) 731-5899
Obscurities clarified
Computer books, manuals, and on-line help systems designed and written
Resume at http://www.dogeared.com/teachingResume.html