How scarce is The Alice anyway

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Jun 24 08:55:22 EDT 2001

I think you're right about Bibles--people just don't seem to part with them.
The only copy of the second printing I've ever seen is in Special
Collections at the University of California, Los Angeles.  One of the
highlights of my ML collecting was the day I found TWO copies of the first
printing at John Zubal's bookstore in Cleveland.  Both were in slipcases,
though one copy turned out to be defective (it was missing a gathering).  I
don't expect to repeat that experience anytime soon.