How scarce is The Alice anyway

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Jun 23 11:07:13 EDT 2001

Barry,

Thanks for posting your wonderfully detailed article. It sheds a lot of
light on a topic many of us have been wondering about.

>The Illustrated Alice is far and away the scarcest ML title.  I can't
>think of any other ML title sent out into the world in so few copies.  In
>comparison, the Illustrated Holy Bible had a first printing of 18,000
>copies and a second printing of 6,000 copies.

I find it fascinating that, while six Alices in at least two binding
styles have appeared in the last 18 months, only one illustrated bible
(to my memory) has appeared. I guess people don't part with them.

+1 (503) 731-5899
Obscurities clarified
Computer books, manuals, and on-line help systems designed and written
Resume at http://www.dogeared.com/teachingResume.html